BOOMIN! (Out the Six Flags Ampitheater!)

So, this weekend was sort of GIGANTIC for me. I did so much in a two day period. Friday got me kicked off at UIndy, then I headed to KY with some awesome folk who joined me in rocking Six Flags: Kentucky Kingdom.

Registration at UIndy was pretty fun, we did some activities, learned about tradition, etc. Much more exciting than I thought it would be, though. That was good. Also, I found out that I got accepted into the Residence Hall I wanted, which is AMAZING! But you'll hear about that later.

After that, we ran down to a truck stop, where the KY Crew was stopped. I left the padres, and joined the party.

(The next day...) Six Flags wasn't as great as I thought is was going to be. Compared to King's Island (my usual spot), it just doesn't hold up. SF has a grand total of 3 major coasters, and they aren't extremely spectacular in the first place. However, on a hot day, their waterpark works NICELY. (We had a heat advisory out Saturday. Just sayin'.)

So, after the mostly disappointing theme park, we headed to the amp(itheater) to watch Tobymac and the Diverse City band. I was, again, disappointed. The only folks who were allowed to be in the front were those who had paid $10 for the VIP spot. Stupid. So, I was about halfway back, a row from the closest I could possibly be. Then, Toby played the same stuff I'd seen the last three times I've seen him. So....

Not my best concert experience overall.

But, if I ever get a chance to go for as cheap as the prices were this weekend, I'd probably take it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment