I Have a Warped Sense of Style!

Tonight, the 2009 Vans Warped Tour Pit Reporter held a haiku contest via Twitter. Because I am such an avid fan of Warped, Twitter, and @minkus, I decided to enter.

Now, for those of you who don't know (which is a lot of you), I've never seen myself as a poet. In fact, I think I've tried to avoid every poetry project I've been able to avoid for my entire K-12 career. Me and poetry don't usually work together well. But, because it was Warped, and I was slightly bored, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I submitted a few entries, here they are in order of submission.
The sweat on my brow.
The sun beating on my face.
Music is my life.
The raucous voices.
Fans shedding blood, sweat, and tears.
This is harmony.
One moment, I fall.
Through the chaos, they aid me.
Brotherhood of sound.
Decent, huh? I know I was surprised.

However, the climax of my surprisement came in the form of these 2 tweets:
minkus: Aaaaaand the winner is!
minkus: Tada! @jackozord!! "One moment, I fall. // Through the chaos, they aid me. // Brotherhood of sound."
I KNOW!!!! I was shocked too!

Yeah! She then posted a couple links dealing with the contest. Link 1 is a Pit Blog with some more of her favorites, and Link 2 is a TwitPic with my package, shipping out tomorrow! YAY!
Link 1
Link 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment